中士

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:23:10
1695 8

本内容为网友发布信息,仅代表原作者观点,不代表本平台立场。

We can help you begin your accounting career
We are Florian Accounting, a public practice accounting firm providing preparation of tax returns and bookkeeping and accounting services.
We are also a provider of accounting training and internships that can help you find your first job in the accounting field and begin a fruitful professional career in accounting. Our purpose is to help young professionals like you begin their career in accounting through enhancing your practical professional skills.
Our training is entirely practical, so no more theory to worry about. The training bridges the gap from the theoretical content that universities teach and what is done day-to-day in the real world. We provide unpaid internships to improve your practical skills which will help you in the real world.
Who is this program designed for?
This practical training program, specially designed by Florian, suits anyone who has some accounting knowledge/background. The training is also suitable for accountants who need to perform advanced accounting duties or for people from overseas seeking to gain intern experience in an Australian accounting firm.
Florian Accounting will provide you with an unpaid internship program (maximum 6 months) within our own accounting practice. All the data is from Florian internal accounts from prior quarters. The internship program is designed to bridge the gap between university studies and the real world environment. It will allow you to gain hands-on learning and practice of real accounting procedures and to put your academic knowledge and practical training experience into practice.  
What are you waiting for?
Call us on 02 8889 4111 to ask about our accounting training and internship program. We are in two convenient CBD locations in Sydney and Brisbane. Or check out our website at www.floriancorp.com.au to get more details.

OZYOYO提醒: 请避免提前支付订金、押金等任何费用,请与对方当面沟通,确认资质并看清条款。谨防上当受骗。

免责声明: 本网站所提供的信息,只供参考之用。本网站不保证信息的准确性、有效性、及时性和完整性。本网站及其雇员一概毋须以任何方式就任何信息传递或传送的失误、不准确或错误,对用户或任何其他人士负任何直接或间接责任。在法律允许的范围内,本网站在此声明,不承担用户或任何人士就使用或未能使用本网站所提供的信息或任何链接所引致的任何直接、间接、附带、从属、特殊、惩罚性或惩戒性的损害赔偿。

收藏收藏
沙发
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:23:28
Hi Coco,
Thanks you very much for doing reference check for me. I got the call on Friday afternoon that the company offered me Accounts Officer job.
Since i graduated from university I have been looking for an Accounting job. but due to i lack of work experiences, i didn't get any call to interview. Since i took the level 1 training program, i have learnt a lot from Florian Accounting. I have more confident in looking for an accounting jobs.
I had a few interviews so far. Here are the experiences that i obtained from those interviews and i hope i could share my experience with other interns. wish they could get the ideal job for them as well.
1. never give up looking for the job.
there is a period i had applied so many jobs but i didn't get any call from any agents or companies. i felt so desperately. But i just kept applying and finally i got interview calls.
2. Be prepared.
prepare interview question according to the job description. Also prepare some workplace examples that u might be able to use during the interview such as teamwork example, challenges, accomplishments ect.
3. Be flexible.
I believe most of the interviewers will prepare lots of interview questions, but during the  nterview, interviewees might ask different questions. then you need to be flexible, some answers can be used for other questions as well.
those are job hunting experiences, hopefully, it will help others in their job hunting.
On last Wednesday, i got the phone interview from the company first, during the phone interview, she asked me a few questions:
1.     tell me your internship responsibilities in FA.
2.     Describe your experiences in AP and AR
3.     what if your manager calls you to help him while you are doing your own work? (i just gave her an example)
4.     strengths and weaknesses
5.     how do you handle stress and pressure?
After phone interview, she said she will contact me before Friday no matter i get the job or not.
On Thursday, i got the call from the company to ask me to go interview. the position is a Accounts officer. In the beginning of the interview, they gave me a small quiz relating to Excel, MYOB and Accounting. it was a very simple quiz, all covered in level 1 training. You gotta review level 1 training material before going to interview.
and then questions they asked me were:
1.     what did you do in Florian Accounting.
2.     AP process, AR process in Florian Accounting and the debt collection process in FA. what application did you use? (they all covered in level 1 Training)
3.     what is your weakness and strength?
4.     why should we hire you?
5.     Have you ever handle a upset client or customer? what did do? outcome? what would do to make it better if it happens next time?
6.     what is the most difficult report you have ever done in your job or study? what challenges?  what did you do? outcome?
7.     what is your excel level? have you ever use excel to generate report? how did get it done?
8.     have you had experience in payroll? what application did you use?
9.     how does super, PAYG work?
10.  how do you pay Payroll tax, prepare BAS?
11.  the volume of tax invoices you process every week?
12.  can you work under pressure?
13.  describe your level of pay attention to detail ability.
14.  you said you are well-organized person, give me an example!
15.  any questions you want to ask me?
The interview was around 1 hour, i prepared a lot before i went to interview, so it went quite well.  Thanks again to Coco and Florian Accounting. I hope all the interns will get the job soon.
Best wishes
Frank
板凳
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:23:53
Hi Selina:
Here is the job interview about the assistant financial planner position. Hopefully the feedback can give anyone who is interested in banking and finance industry some help. The interview lasted about one hour, I was asked about my personal information and my degrees, and the theory questions were focused on forex, equity and derivatives etc,  however, they were all basic ones, not even in details. For example they asked me: what is the impact on the AUD if RBA increase the interest rate?  
Because it is a position like a financial planner assistant, I was asked to show the basic skills about microsoft office.  And then they asked me about the position I was in Florian Accounting; the reason that I left Florian Accounting; my strengths and weakness,  the understanding about teamwork and giving an example; why I think the company would hire me, and etc. They asked me to give a lot of examples in the previous working experience and life time, which I am not sure if it is because they were trying to see the personality from those examples.
Hopefully my feedback can give anyone who is interested in banking industry a bit idea of how they do the interview,however, the company is in China, so I am not sure if it is the same in Australia. Anyway, thanks Jeff and Florian Accounting and I hope every interns can get a good job soon.
Cheers
David
地板
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:24:29
Hi Selina and Coco,

This is Ray here. I managed to secure a position with a multinational Fortune 500 company in the Lending and settlements team as a Finance officer. It is a 6 months contract position through a recruitment firm with potential to go permanent if performance is good. I first had the interview with the recruitment agency in the morning. It was an interview with the senior consultant which was a general behavioral interview with questions like:-

what do u expect in your next position ?

what were the responsibilities in my previous position ?

what are my strengths and weaknesses ?

How do i keep motivated ?

The recruitment agency was straight forward with me. she told me that for every position there are at least 200 applications out of which 30 - 40 move to the phone interview and 8 to 10 depending on the position manage to get to the final interview. she also told me that i need to sell myself during the interview with the company HR. All the candidates have experience but it how u sell yourself to the company makes the difference. I need to focus on my strengths during the interview. I need to make sure that the HR feel that I am the best candidate for the role.

And the same afternoon, I was send for the interview with the company. The interview went for almost 40 minutes.

Some behavioral questions were:-

how do I keep myself motivated as the tasks are going to be repetitive?

Why did I apply for this position ?

Why do I want to work for company?

What can I bring to (basically strengths and weaknesses)

why do I think I am the right candidate for this position ?

What do u know about the position ?

Then there were discussions about my past experiences and my responsibilities and how it relates to this new role.

Hope this helps u guys.

Regards,

Ray
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:24:47
Dear Coco,

I will be meeting the head of the company most probably tomorrow to discuss about my role and the days which I am supposed to work there. So, then I can decide on the days that I will be attending the internship. The interview questions are definitely answerable if we attend the training session level 1. Honestly, I would have had no clue if I had not joined this internship. Thanks a ton.

I don't exactly remember all the questions asked but I can surely give you an overview. Basically, he took out a print out of my resume and started asking me technical questions. There were no behavioral questions as such probably because he was more interested in knowing whether I can do the job first.

Questions:

1) What do you mean by intermediate-advanced knowledge in Excel?

2) Which MYOB version do you use at your internship?

3) Describe the function of accounts payable and receivable

4) What are the 2 ways of preparing BAS?

5) I would want my accountant to do P&L analysis for me. How would you do it?

6) What do you mean by update Fixed Asset Register?

7) How do you do payroll?

8) Can the director/head of the company take more than what he is supposed to from the petty cash account?

9) Who or are the clients of Florian accounting?

They were more or less direct questions. After this session he took me to the accountant as he wanted to know my knowledge in MYOB. She asked me these:

1) To create a new card

2) To create a purchase order

I think I have covered most of the questions that were asked in those 45 minutes. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Paul
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:25:37
Dear everyone,
Please join me in congratulating Dhan’s new position as a bookkeeper. Dhangot the offer after Coco did the reference check with his current company. The manager was quite impressed by his technical skills and his confidence. The company actually only posted a bookkeeper position but finally they believed that Dhan can control most of the functions for the company as an accountant role. Dhan also mentioned some procedures of his interview which involves accounting technical skill questions and behavioural questions, etc. I believe it will give you more confidence to go to an interview after read the feedback!
In the meanwhile, if you have any question regarding interview or any accounting questions, please feel free to post your question on our blog:  http://florianaccounting.blogspot.com.au/
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Florian Accounting Team
[email protected]
www.floriancorp.com.au (Accounting Training)
www.florianaccounting.com.au (Accounting Services)
02 8889 4111
0412 624 948
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-6 09:10:22

Florian Accounting today's Interview Tips:
Super on entitlements
Hi Florian
Do we need to pay Super on the employees holiday like annual leave and sick leave as well ?
How about  unused annual leave  ? Thanks heaps.
Angela
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-6 09:11:03

Florian Accounting
Thanks for the question Angela

Super Guarantee Contribution (SGC)is only payable on ordinary time earnings. This means it is payable for annual leave and sick leave payments as they form ordinary time earnings.

SGC is not payable for overtime payments. Also, if there is unused annual leave payments, and the person is terminated, SGC is not payable.

Good luck
Florian
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2013-2-28 00:20:29
Hello Coco,

Thank you for the reference check. I'm writing to provide my interview feedback for the position national accounts claim coordinator in a liquor importer/distributor. The funny thing is they posted their job on Seek as accounts assistant but when they call they told me the job title was changed but the responsibility would be similar so I thought what the heck, always worth a shot! However, it turned out the role isn't really accounting related but they promised future training and possibility to transfer to finance, so I accepted their offer.

My first round of interview was with HR and she asked the following questions:

Tell me about your internship/Florian accounting.
What do you know about our company?
What is your career goal?
What can you bring to the table?
If someone come to you with a question but you don't know the answer to it, what would you do?
How do you prioritize your tasks?

The second round of interview was with the General manger and the hiring manager. Most of the time they did the talking so there weren't so many questions but they did ask me about my experience with Florian Accounting(as would in any interviews).

I didn't have any experience at all prior to Florian accounting but I still got in to different interviews so I'd say the training definitely helped. I guess my advice would be keep positive and (try to) keep smiling during the interviews. Best wishes for all!

Regards,
Shawn
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表招工【布里斯班】 发表招工【黄金海岸】
〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 OZYOYO.com. All rights reserved.

分享本页

客服号

公众号