| 微信 : ozyoyodotcom 联系邮箱 : [email protected] 开启辅助访问 | 开启辅助访问 DIY
服务信息
楼主: paopao
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[会计税务] ☆Florian Partners 退税报税,会计帐务培训 悉尼,布里斯班,黄金海岸常年招生☆

[复制链接]
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-10-12 15:03:18
Dear Coco,

I am writing to thank you and Florian team and give a brief introduction of my interview. It was in this afternoon and I  got the offer at the end of interview. The position is Audit Associate of a small Singapore audit firm.  

Before the commencement of the interview I was asked to finish a quiz about some transaction journals. The interviewer took away my quiz paper after I finished, so when I was filling the Application Form he was reviewing my quiz paper.  At the beginning of the interview, I was asked to introduce myself.  Even though I practiced my self- introduction many times, I was still very nervous. In the self-introduction I emphasized my internship experience with Florian. I said that I learned how to apply accounting knowledge into real business situations during this internship and I took accruals as an example. I also mentioned that it enhanced my knowledge of  MYOB Accounting Software and Microsoft Excel.  The interviewer told me he knew I did rehearsal and he would like to give me some credits.
Then he told me I did well in the quiz and discussed the mistakes I made. Later he asked me some questions regarding Singapore Accounting Standards. Very fortunately, I started to study ACCA paper P2 (Corporate Reporting- Singapore Variance) three weeks ago so I managed to provide solutions.  The interviewer pointed out that they wanted to hire a Singaporean or PR but he still arranged this interview because of my academic result in UNSW.  He said he rarely gave offers straight away but he was really impressed by my performance in the interview and quiz.  So he offered me this position at once.  I will start work after the Singapore immigration office issued the work Consent letter to me which probably will take one week.

Again, Coco, thank you for modifying my resume and the wonderful training you provide.  

Cheers,

Monica
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-11-14 13:08:38
Hi Coco, Jeff and Jane,

I am happy to let you know that I have been able to secure a position of Bookkeeper with a reupted

transport & logistics company in sydney's west. It has been a tough battle for me getting through

the interview process and finally get the appointment letter.

Even though the position says Bookkeeper, the responsibilities actually involves that of the Assistant Accountant.

For example I am also responsible for processing Payroll, Lodging BAS and preparing end of month journals

, apart from A/P , A/R and Recoonciliations.

My training at florain has been the key to getting this job. Right from building a professional resume to the job hunting

and interview process , it's all about having solid structure, which has been provided by Florain.  Like Coco mentioned,

its immensly important that you keep records of the jobs you have been applying, so when you get called for interview

you know which one it is.

Few things that I want to share from my experience that may be of help to other interns;

Keep records of job you apply and check if you get response.

Dont only count on Seek and Career one, try all different sorts of, like I got this job from daily telegraph.

Make sure the jobs you are applying are within a resonable travelling distance from you.

I hope this helps. All the best to you all

楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:20:58
Hi Coco,
Thanks you very much for doing reference check for me. I got the call on Friday afternoon that the company offered me Accounts Officer job.
Since i graduated from university I have been looking for an Accounting job. but due to i lack of work experiences, i didn't get any call to interview. Since i took the level 1 training program, i have learnt a lot from Florian Accounting. I have more confident in looking for an accounting jobs.
I had a few interviews so far. Here are the experiences that i obtained from those interviews and i hope i could share my experience with other interns. wish they could get the ideal job for them as well.
1. never give up looking for the job.
there is a period i had applied so many jobs but i didn't get any call from any agents or companies. i felt so desperately. But i just kept applying and finally i got interview calls.
2. Be prepared.
prepare interview question according to the job description. Also prepare some workplace examples that u might be able to use during the interview such as teamwork example, challenges, accomplishments ect.
3. Be flexible.
I believe most of the interviewers will prepare lots of interview questions, but during the  nterview, interviewees might ask different questions. then you need to be flexible, some answers can be used for other questions as well.
those are job hunting experiences, hopefully, it will help others in their job hunting.
On last Wednesday, i got the phone interview from the company first, during the phone interview, she asked me a few questions:
1.     tell me your internship responsibilities in FA.
2.     Describe your experiences in AP and AR
3.     what if your manager calls you to help him while you are doing your own work? (i just gave her an example)
4.     strengths and weaknesses
5.     how do you handle stress and pressure?
After phone interview, she said she will contact me before Friday no matter i get the job or not.
On Thursday, i got the call from the company to ask me to go interview. the position is a Accounts officer. In the beginning of the interview, they gave me a small quiz relating to Excel, MYOB and Accounting. it was a very simple quiz, all covered in level 1 training. You gotta review level 1 training material before going to interview.
and then questions they asked me were:
1.     what did you do in Florian Accounting.
2.     AP process, AR process in Florian Accounting and the debt collection process in FA. what application did you use? (they all covered in level 1 Training)
3.     what is your weakness and strength?
4.     why should we hire you?
5.     Have you ever handle a upset client or customer? what did do? outcome? what would do to make it better if it happens next time?
6.     what is the most difficult report you have ever done in your job or study? what challenges?  what did you do? outcome?
7.     what is your excel level? have you ever use excel to generate report? how did get it done?
8.     have you had experience in payroll? what application did you use?
9.     how does super, PAYG work?
10.  how do you pay Payroll tax, prepare BAS?
11.  the volume of tax invoices you process every week?
12.  can you work under pressure?
13.  describe your level of pay attention to detail ability.
14.  you said you are well-organized person, give me an example!
15.  any questions you want to ask me?
The interview was around 1 hour, i prepared a lot before i went to interview, so it went quite well.  Thanks again to Coco and Florian Accounting. I hope all the interns will get the job soon.
Best wishes
Frank
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-5 16:21:25
本帖最后由 paopao 于 2012-12-6 09:08 编辑

Hi Selina.
I was looking for a job I had 2 interview with different companies. The first one was a small Chartered Accouting firm and they were looking for a casual person to assist with the tax returns when the peak period starts. They did not ask me any technical questions as they expected to train me. The questions were mostly related to my studies, future plans (if I plan to do CA/CPA studies) and work experience including internship tasks in Florian. I am still actually waiting for them to get back to me as they advised that decision will be made around 10 March.
Anyway, I have already got a job as assistant accountant with a small manufacturing company. The interview process was very challenging there yet exciting. Apart from standard questions about qualification and experience I was asked to do journal entries for 6 different problems. They include: purchase of materials on credit, Payment for the purchase using Amex credit card with a surcharge 3%, sales on credit, receipt of deposit and partial payment, reimbursement of personal expenses, writing off a bad debt. And also I had to determine  the right GST amount. Though I have not done everything right, I showed the ability to think logically and when we discussed every step together it was not hard. The second task I was given a small table which I had to put in Excel and calculate the percentage change and perform What if Analysis. And the final test, I was given a customer account statement which I had to reconcile, determine the amount outstanding, and draft the email to the client explaining the situation and ask politely for money. And after it had been done, there was a short  role-play. I had to call to the next room where another person was playing the customer and explain professionally the situation, amount and ask for money. It was fun and probably the easiest task for me, as they tested my communication skills.
Florian training and internship helped me a lot with the technical part of the interview, but it turned out that people skills can play a vital part.
I was not asked any of the behavioural questions during this interview.
Kind regards,
Kay

楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-6 09:08:04
Florian Accounting Today Interview Tips:
Super on entitlements
Hi Florian
Do we need to pay Super on the employees holiday like annual leave and sick leave as well ?
How about  unused annual leave  ? Thanks heaps.
Angela

Florian Accounting
Thanks for the question Angela

Super Guarantee Contribution (SGC)is only payable on ordinary time earnings. This means it is payable for annual leave and sick leave payments as they form ordinary time earnings.

SGC is not payable for overtime payments. Also, if there is unused annual leave payments, and the person is terminated, SGC is not payable.

Good luck
Florian

楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-7 14:26:34
Trainee's Feedback!

Hi Coco,

Thanks you very much for doing reference check for me. I got the call on Friday afternoon that the company offered me Accounts Officer job.

Since i graduated from university I have been looking for an Accounting job. but due to i lack of work experiences, i didn't get any call to interview. Since i took the level 1 training program, i have learnt a lot from Florian Accounting. I have more confident in looking for an accounting jobs.

I had a few interviews so far. Here are the experiences that i obtained from those interviews and i hope i could share my experience with other interns. wish they could get the ideal job for them as well.

1. never give up looking for the job.
there is a period i had applied so many jobs but i didn't get any call from any agents or companies. i felt so desperately. But i just kept applying and finally i got interview calls.

2. Be prepared.
prepare interview question according to the job description. Also prepare some workplace examples that u might be able to use during the interview such as teamwork example, challenges, accomplishments ect.

3. Be flexible.
I believe most of the interviewers will prepare lots of interview questions, but during the interview, interviewees might ask different questions. then you need to be flexible, some answers can be used for other questions as well.

those are job hunting experiences, hopefully, it will help others in their job hunting.
On last Wednesday, i got the phone interview from the company first, during the phone interview, she asked me a few questions:
1.      tell me your internship responsibilities in FA.
2.      Describe your experiences in AP and AR
3.      what if your manager calls you to help him while you are doing your own work? (i just gave her an example)
4.      strengths and weaknesses
5.      how do you handle stress and pressure?
After phone interview, she said she will contact me before Friday no matter i get the job or not.

On Thursday, i got the call from the company to ask me to go interview. the position is a Accounts officer. In the beginning of the interview, they gave me a small quiz relating to Excel, MYOB and Accounting. it was a very simple quiz, all covered in level 1 training. You gotta review level 1 training material before going to interview.

and then questions they asked me were:
1.      what did you do in Florian Accounting.
2.      AP process, AR process in Florian Accounting and the debt collection process in FA. what application did you use? (they all covered in level 1 Training)
3.      what is your weakness and strength?
4.      why should we hire you?
5.      Have you ever handle a upset client or customer? what did do? outcome? what would do to make it better if it happens next time?
6.      what is the most difficult report you have ever done in your job or study? what challenges?  what did you do? outcome?
7.      what is your excel level? have you ever use excel to generate report? how did get it done?
8.      have you had experience in payroll? what application did you use?
9.      how does super, PAYG work?
10.  how do you pay Payroll tax, prepare BAS?
11.  the volume of tax invoices you process every week?
12.  can you work under pressure?
13.  describe your level of pay attention to detail ability.
14.  you said you are well-organized person, give me an example!
15.  any questions you want to ask me?
The interview was around 1 hour, i prepared a lot before i went to interview, so it went quite well.  Thanks again to Coco and Florian Accounting. I hope all the interns will get the job soon.

Best wishes
Frank
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-11 08:44:20
Interview Tips:

Hi Florian,

I went to an interview last week, and came across a question which is "Have you experience a full function of Accounts Payable".

My question is: is there something particularly should be paid attention when you process the payment? Also, what does a remittance advice look like (eg, the structure, the content)?

Best regards,

Sarah

楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-11 08:44:59
Hi Sarah,

When processing the payment, you should look out for the following:

· Correct banking detail – always double check this as vendor might change the banking details, especially during the transition period when the business is sold to another party;

· Using right reference – it could be the invoice number or account number. Vendors usually would specify such info as part of the payment requirement.

· Sending out remittance advice – the vendor will do their bank rec so that both sides will keep the same outstanding records.

· Doing bank rec more frequently – in this case, you will know whether the payment has been bounced back or gone to the right account;

Also for reference, a remittance advice is a kind of a receipt after you make the payment. MYOB can generate a remittance advice for you so you don’t need to create your own format. you can open your MYOB file – Pruchases-Print/ Email remittance advice, and choose if you want to print or email remittance advice for the selected tax invoice.

Hope that helps.

Florian
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2013-1-30 11:25:11
Hi Selina.

I was looking for a job I had 2 interview with different companies. The first one was a small Chartered Accounting firm and they were looking for a casual person to assist with the tax returns when the peak period starts. They did not ask me any technical questions as they expected to train me. The questions were mostly related to my studies, future plans (if I plan to do CA/CPA studies) and work experience including internship tasks in Florian. I am still actually waiting for them to get back to me as they advised that decision will be made around 10 March.
Anyway, I have already got a job as assistant accountant with a small manufacturing company. The interview process was very challenging there yet exciting. Apart from standard questions about qualification and experience I was asked to do journal entries for 6 different problems. They include: purchase of materials on credit, Payment for the purchase using Amex credit card with a surcharge 3%, sales on credit, receipt of deposit and partial payment, reimbursement of personal expenses, writing off a bad debt. And also I had to determine  the right GST amount. Though I have not done everything right, I showed the ability to think logically and when we discussed every step together it was not hard. The second task I was given a small table which I had to put in Excel and calculate the percentage change and perform What if Analysis. And the final test, I was given a customer account statement which I had to reconcile, determine the amount outstanding, and draft the email to the client explaining the situation and ask politely for money. And after it had been done, there was a short  role-play. I had to call to the next room where another person was playing the customer and explain professionally the situation, amount and ask for money. It was fun and probably the easiest task for me, as they tested my communication skills.
Florian training and internship helped me a lot with the technical part of the interview, but it turned out that people skills can play a vital part.
I was not asked any of the behavioural questions during this interview.

Kind regards,

Kay
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2013-2-15 09:23:52
Hi Coco,
thanks very much for the reference check. They offered methe job today and was happy to accept it. As promised below are details of myinterview experience.
I had to go through a psych test before the interview (50Questions). The interview was conducted by the HR Manager and the CFO. Itlasted about 30 mins. Below are some of the questions they asked.
- Tell me about yourself
- What do you know about our company
- Describe your role in florian
- Describe the role in your previous company
- The Manager described the position & I told him howI fitted the role
- Are you a hands-on person?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- Are you good in computers? (I told them my familiaritywith software and systems)
- They also asked accounting packages I'm familiar withand do I know SAP. (I told them about my SAP experience in previous job)
- Have I had any experience in making improvements toaccounting systems & was required to give an example.
I went over the job decription, resume and things thatwere covered in the interview class in florian before the actual interviewwhich proved to be useful.
Thanks for the support and help.
Best Regards
Chandler

免费顶贴24小时

扫描左侧二维码

回复置顶码: 221348

〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 OZYOYO.com. All rights reserved.

分享本页

客服号

公众号